8/15/2011

Mamba, my criminal lover!

I was in love with Black Mamba, the notorious village thug. He used to steal calculators and cellphones for me in highschool and he gradually progressed to stealing Velocities and Gusheshes. I used to visit him at his mother's shack while she was out drinking, he would braai amaPieces while I make iColeslaw and we would have a romantic feast and then he would call me "slender sama catalogue" to let me know that his little black mamba was aroused and we would indulge in a romantic slumber! He was, indeed, a committed and passionate lover who sexed me a little rougher than the others however, after spending more time with Black Mamba, I realised there was more to the brother than angry sex. Mamba, like most criminals, had made peace with the fact that he lives in a society where he had no destiny to dicover, no dreams to fulfill, no wealth to devour and that angered him! His anger was exacerbated by the fact that the people in power seem to have forgotten about the dire state of the poor, he felt betrayed and robbed of the opportunities that he diserved as much as much as Sandra from Sandton did. He was tired of watching the lines that devide society go darker, tired of being excluded from the promise of this country and he had to watch the same people who decieved him promise to shoot and kill him. He had to look at the spiteful face of consumerism everyday until he said "voetsek, i'm gonna steal". By stealing, he regained the manhood that had been stolen from him by the "system" and now he could afford to buy me ultramel and braaipacks and maybe send his children to school, it was all a hijack away. Now, I do not support crime but I'm also not quick to judge criminals and i feel that as a Blackgirl it is my responsibity to tell the story from a different set of boobs. We all feel victimised when somebody steals from us or the ones we love and we all want justice to be served but what is "justice"? Will arresting that hijacker really decrease the crime rate? Really? What about the socio-political injustices? It seems to me that criminals are merely the symptom of a darker, much deadlier disease and i wait for the day when the world decides to cure the cause. This is a bad weave and the more we comb it the frizzier it becomes. We have to change it.

Our situation is no different from london, this is a blackworld problem. The dangers of an unequal society are fatal!

Mamba is now a number 26 in Jail. I miss you, sthandwa!

2 comments: