7/08/2011

Captain Mildred.

Dear diary

Mildred is a Quantum driver (i have class, i dont go for anything below quantum). He gives me free rides to the salon and buys me red-squares and gizzard kebabs when we go out at night. Sometimes, after a hectic night, we will go back to his Quantum where he will play Zondi's Romantic Ballads while we have some fun in the backseat. He has given me financial support eversince i was 14 years old so you can only imagine how special he is to me.
After Nkululeko Buthelezi announced that Santaco will be launching a Taxi Airline in September, spasms of excitement hit my vagina and tears of joy smudged my blue mascarra -Mildred is going to be a Pilot!! THANKS GOD! Besides the fact that he will finally be able to afford the set of AMC pots and tupperware containers that i've always wanted, he will be part of a revolution. It's about time taxi drivers do something other than cause accidents and break traffic law. I don't care whether you've had a fucked up experience with a leather jacket clad zulu driver or not, you have to acknowledge the contribution taxis have made to the black economy. They have provided fast and inexpensive transportation to a group of people who would have otherwise struggled to get to work. The fact that the taxi industry has grown rapidly regardless of their frizzy plastic weave of a reputation is proof that the government has ,after countless efforts, failed in many ways to provide alternative means of transportation (gautrain my ass). I'm glad that the taxi industry is embarking on this new venture and i hope the existing service and safety problems are not boarded on the aircraft. Who knows, Nondindwa might be that proud hostess who asks you "Mogodu or Kota"

Halala Mildred! Halala!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't laughed so much at 02h20 am in my sober senses in a very long time. I applaude you Nondindwa. You have so much humour but yet straight to the point & informative. I'm in awe of how you acknowledge both the wrongs & rights almost equally. This is exactly the type of humour that is needed by a country that is up in arms about everything including the blue weave. Looking forward to more of your articles. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Madlokovu!! Nondindwa appreciates your feedback and she's glad to hear that you enjoy her red weave. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing stlye is absolutely captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Non Compos Mantis :-)

    ReplyDelete